Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Catching Up

So, it's clearly been a while since I've posted anything. I doubt anyone is surprised. I have, however, decided to turn over a new leaf in 2009. My New Year's resolution is...to get it together. I think that's broad enough to cover most of the areas in my life that need work. It's also just vague enough so that I won't feel like a total loser this time next year when I have accomplished absolutely nothing (read: if I still have baby weight to lose and haven't finished writing thank you notes).

I do have a (somewhat) detailed list of what getting it together entails, but I will spare you the boring details. I will say, however, that at the top of the list (right above baby weight) is to be more grateful and count my blessings daily. Topher and I were given the most precious gift this year and I don't want to take one minute of that for granted.

I'll update with photos of Christmas and various activities in November and December in the next few posts.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

auDi tHis woRld said...

Sweet post, Jen! I hear you on the 'getting it together' plan. I've felt like I've lost any concept of organization or tidyness (is that a word?) around our house. Until Christmas break we had meals brought to us, which was such a blessing. I was incredibly intimidated to come back from the holidays. However, this week, I've made 2 meals, vacuumed, dusted, and picked up the house a bit - ready for tomorrow night's first official bible study at our house...post-baby! It's felt good to get some things accomplished...now let's see if I can keep it up!

And, about your baby weight...you look fabulous in your pictures! I have about 10 pounds to still get off myself. I weighed more at my 6 week checkup than at my 2 week - yikes!! All those meals delivered to us plus holiday food were just TOO GOOD! ;-)

Mysti said...

I love the idea of GIT - I think I might join you in that plan. So proud of your posts - 2009 is your year! :)